|Hearing from our leader, Darryl Smith ...|
Our Cru15 (Staff Conference) days started out with High School Ministry Days from Friday evening (July 10) through Sunday afternoon (July 12). What a great privilege to hear from our leaders and to connect with other staff. We always love these times together ...
After the opening BBQ Friday evening, held at a park in Fort Collins, we met for the next two days at Newsome Hall, part of Colorado State University campus.
|Lunch together on Saturday between our morning and afternoon sessions ...|
|Our view of the Colorado mountains as we walked from Corbett Hall to Newsome Hall for our meetings ...|
|Beautiful Colorado sky view at dusk ...|
|Welcoming new staff who have joined since our last staff conference two years ago ...|
Our last session together on Sunday afternoon was a Celebration and Awards time ... honoring staff for milestone years on staff (we will be awarded for 25 years at the Cru17 conference, two years from now!), and also welcoming the new staff who have joined since the last staff conference two years ago. It was exciting to have a record number of new staff join!
Such a blessed time to connect with our staff friends from across the U.S. And such a blessed privilege to hear from our leaders.
A few of the highlights from my (Cherry's) journal, notes taken during our sessions.
From Darryl Smith:
- Scope - "every" has always been on God's heart. The Gospel is for everyone ... "make disciples of all the nations".
- Passion and Compassion - both are important.
- Passion = brings focus.
- Compassion = brings scope.
- The Good Samaritan gives us a clear example of "compassion". Though his passion would not have been to minister to a Jew, the Samaritan was filled with compassion to help someone who was in need. Though our passion as High School staff, is for high school and middle school students, our compassion draws us to care for all those whom God cares for ... everyone.
- Always pursue First Love ... above what we do; our focus first of all is always the Gospel, always growing in our love relationship with Jesus.
From worship songs:
- I will live to carry Your compassion ... by the power of Your Name.
- ... offer this heart, O God, completely to You.
- ... remind myself of all You've done ... I am Yours, forever Yours.
- Tracy sharing how critical it is to reach middle school students - such a harassed culture, helpless; prime time to want to know Jesus.
- Sunday morning prayer focus led by Stephanie. The key to God's heart is prayer; the door to God's heart is Jesus. Prayer (communicating with and listening to God) ... our invitation to come "home" to ultimate intimacy and acceptance. Intercession = laying our pressing emotions and heart concerns for ourselves and others before the King.
These are just a few of the ways we heard from God through our time together; thoughts to carry with us. The biggest take-away from time with other High School staff with Cru is always ... the Gospel and growing in our love relationship with Jesus. This is always held up as of prime importance and focus. All ministry is an overflow from this ...