Pages

Friday, April 17, 2015

Reminders to Wait Quietly


These words from Psalm 62 have been on my mind these past few days - the days leading up to Crystal's transplant surgery and Amy's surgery to donate. There are so many things that are on our minds as the day approaches - details about upcoming surgeries and hospital stays, learning of many details of our care for Mark & Cristy's family and home during hospital days. And the state of our hearts and minds is often quite the opposite of "quiet".

And I love these words that remind us ...

Let all that I am wait quietly before God ...

I've actually been repeating these words (and others) over and over in my mind at times throughout the few days that we have been here. And I also need to purposefully pull out my journal periodically throughout each day, and write out my thoughts and my prayers. A practice that helps quiet my heart, pulling me aside to keep my focus in the right place.

We spent six hours at Medical City Hospital yesterday with Cristy, Crystal, and Amy. All the pre-op and pre-admit paperwork, lab work, and doctor appointments took place for both Crystal and Amy. It was also a time for Gary and me to get acquainted with the hospital, and meet some of the doctors. 

Today is a quieter day at the house, preparing for Crystal to be admitted to the hospital tomorrow morning on Saturday. And then on Sunday early afternoon Gary & I, and Amy will check into a motel near the hospital. Amy will be admitted at 5:30 am on Monday morning, and we want to be close by. No time to take any chances of delays in driving to the hospital  ... being close is best.

Click here for Cristy's latest update on Crystal's CaringBridge site to read more details of our six hours at Medical City Hospital yesterday ...

Thanks for your prayers and love for our family. And praise to God for the news just this morning that the "cross-match" lab work done yesterday reveals a "green light" for transplant. Confirming again that Amy is a great match to donate for Crystal.

Let all that I am wait quietly before God,
for my hope is in Him.
He alone is my rock and my salvation,
my fortress where I will not be shaken.
My victory and honor come from God alone.
He is my refuge, a rock
where no enemy can reach me.
O my people, trust in Him at all times.
Pour out your heart to Him,
for God is our refuge.
(Psalm 62:5-8)

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love to read your comments, and try to reply to as many as possible. Thanks so much for your visit!